POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Longhair poll! : Re: Longhair poll! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:34:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Longhair poll!
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 Oct 2014 07:30:24
Message: <543d0950$1@news.povray.org>
On 14-10-2014 10:33, Stephen wrote:
> On 14/10/2014 00:20, Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann wrote:
>> Hi(gh)!
>>
>> POVers (POVghans?) obviously are mostly beardos... and it seems to me,
>> that among male POVers (ever noticed the almost complete absence of
>> female POVers? I hardly can remember any other "raytraceress" than Gail
>> Shaw...), longhairs are also strikingly over-represented!
>>

> There is Janet, who still pops her head in occasionally. Every couple of
> years or so. And bluetree (Miri) who posted for a short time.

There were also Hildur Kolbrun Andresdottir, Joanne Simpson, Sonya
Roberts, and in the French POV-world: Hélène Dumur.

The youngest POV-Ray users, without doubt, are Elsa and Mélodie, the
granddaughters of Rémy Closset (search 'Elsa' in p.b.i.)

>> So I start a poll: Who of you has hair at least touching the shoulders?
>>
>> To start with me: Yes.
>>

> Like John:
>
> No. But 35 years ago it was down to my waist and if you pulled it
> straight. "My hair was hanging to my arse." As I was so often told. :-)
> About 10 years ago I met a developer who wore his hair in a cue that
> reached his ankles.
> And btw he was well over 6 feet tall.

Wow... I never was able to get is as long as that. Shoulder length was
the maximum about 35 years ago too. Nowadays it is hovering around
5mm... what is left of it ;-)

>> See you in Khyberspace!
>>
>> Yadgar
>>
>> Now playing: Monolight (Tangerine Dream)
>
> Tangerine Dream! That takes me back a bit. :-)

As you say. Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk, Klaus Schultze...

Thomas